Sustainable Cabinets by Kitchen Craft featured in VISION House LA
DEERFIELD, Ill. (June 14, 2012) — Featuring a contemporary design and sustainable products for the home, Kitchen Craft® Cabinetry, part of MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. (MBCI), a Fortune Brands Home & Security Company, Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), is featured throughout the new VISION House® Los Angeles project which premieres to the public in mid-June. A joint initiative between Green Builder® Media and Structure Home, an LA-based builder, the VISION House project was designed to represent the ‘home of the future’ and showcase integrated design elements, advanced technologies, intelligent systems, and durable green products that help to enhance a home’s performance and keep houses healthy and safe.
Kitchen Craft cabinets were selected for the project for their design, functionality and commitment to sustainability. The beauty and contemporary styling of Kitchen Craft’s full-access cabinetry is complimentary to the design of the VISION House and is featured throughout the home – from the kitchen and baths to pantry and utility room. Kitchen Craft cabinets also provide organizational and design features that meet the needs of today’s homeowners, while using environmentally-responsible materials that reduce their environmental impact by recycling wastes and using low emission coatings.
“We are excited to be a part of truly sustainable, cutting-edge home that will help to define how homes are built in the future,” said Katie Casper, designer for MBCI. “The VISION House project provides builders and homeowners the opportunity to see industry-leading products that can help homes to function better without sacrificing beauty or inspired design.”
A few of the unique or popular design features of the Kitchen Craft cabinetry featured in the VISION House include:
- Integrated Kitchen Appliances: Kitchen appliances are integrated into the cabinetry, including cooktop knobs, to create a clean, cohesive and contemporary look.
- Two-Tier Kitchen Island: A custom, two-tier kitchen island provides separate areas for cooking and preparation and serving, as well as ample storage below.
- Built-In Recycling, Composting and Trash Units: Recycling, composting and trash units are integrated seamlessly into the cabinetry.
- Designated Beverage Areas: Beverage areas in the kitchen, including a wine bar and coffee bar, provide for enhanced functionality and convenient and specialized storage.
- Pantry with Work Space: The home’s pantry features floor-to-ceiling cabinetry with pull-out cabinets and a built-in desk and work area.
- "Drop Zone": A drop zone for coats, shoes, backpacks, and other personal items is featured in the utility room.
- "Floating Cabinetry": Floating cabinetry is featured in the master bath for a contemporary and clean look.
For over 40 years, Kitchen Craft has been dedicated to crafting cabinetry that combines European styling with superior construction, impressive styles, colors and finishes, and affordable options. This combination has made Kitchen Craft one of the most exciting values and full-access cabinetry leaders in the industry.
For more information on Kitchen Craft Cabinets, go to www.kitchencraft.com. Additional information on MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., can be found at www.masterbrand.com.
About MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc
Kitchen Craft Cabinetry is part of the MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., family of cabinet brands. Through operational excellence and expert understanding of industry needs and consumer trends, MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. (MBCI), has grown to be one of the largest cabinet manufacturers in North America. Its powerful portfolio of brands – ranging from standard to custom – offers quality cabinetry solutions for kitchen, bath and other areas of the home. MBCI is an operating unit of the consumer product company, Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. (NYSE: FBHS). For more information, visit www.masterbrand.com.
About Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. (NYSE: FBHS), headquartered in Deerfield, Ill., creates products and services that help fulfill the dreams of homeowners and help people feel more secure. The company's trusted brands include Master Lock, MasterBrand cabinets, Moen faucets, Simonton windows and Therma-Tru entry door systems. FBHS holds market leadership positions in all of its segments. The company's 16,000 associates generated more than $3.3 billion in net sales in 2011. FBHS is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index. For more information, please visit www.fbhs.com.