Submission Terms & Conditions
1. SUBMISSION PERIOD: The Submission Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CST on January 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CST on December 31, 2017 (the “Submission Period”).
2. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO: Visit www.masterbrand.com during the Submission Period. Follow the online instructions to attach your photo(s) (“Photo”) and story (“Story”) about your kitchen renovation that used MasterBrand Cabinets (“Photo” and “Story,” collectively “Submission”). You must be the copyright owner of the Submission. Photos and Stories should not include any identifiable people, without permission from such individuals.
3. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: By providing a Submission, you hereby warrant and represent that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines set forth herein. A maximum of ten (10) Photos can be submitted per submission. The Photo must be in the following file format: jpg and the file can be no larger than 400 KB. The Story must be in English, up to 200 words in length. Any Submission that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is considered obscene, indecent, objectionable, or otherwise not suitable for publication will mot be used. The Submission must meet the following guidelines:
- Submission cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Submission cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Submission cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Submission cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (other than trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by Sponsor), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s products), without permission;
- Submission cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Submission cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- Submission cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Submission cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Submission cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If you think that any Submission infringes your intellectual property rights, report it by filling out our Proprietary Rights Complaint Process and Notification Form. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: BY PROVIDING A SUBMISSION, SUBMITTOR ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PHOTO MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. By providing a Submission, you agree to release and hold Sponsor, and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, it's advertising and promotional agencies, and agents of each such entity harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to any person or property resulting from (i) participation in this program or any program-related activities, or (ii) use of the Submission in any manner.
Further, by submitting a Submission, you grant permission for Sponsor to publish, post, adapt, edit, display and/or modify, or otherwise use the Submission in any form, in any manner, and in any media, without limitation, deemed appropriate by Sponsor, without compensation of any kind to you. Sponsor reserves the right to screen Submissions, but may post Submissions without editing or other prior review. By providing a Submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, by participating, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of submitter(s) and Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction and that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts located in DuBois County, Indiana.
SPONSOR: MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., One MasterBrand Drive, Jasper, IN 47547-0420