Tara Canfield works hard at providing for disabled foster children in need, having fostered more than 100 kids throughout her life. She currently cares for nine children in her home, and needed a kitchen that works just hard as she does.
Decorá Cabinetry designer Julie Thompson teamed up with the "Rachael Ray Show" to transform Canfield’s small, dysfunctional kitchen into a space where everyone can gather for family meals and other important meetings.
The kitchen remodel, which was showcased on the "Rachael Ray Show" in November 2012, features the Braydon Manor cabinet door style. The perimeter of the kitchen is warm and inviting in the Maple Coriander cabinet finish with a Coffee glaze, and the functional kitchen island and charming window seat are highlighted with Maple cabinetry in the Jasmine cabinet finish with a Twilight glaze.
The new kitchen renovation focused on accessibility for all and is loaded with organization and convenience accessories for Canfield and her children alike.
- Julie Thompson, MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc.
- Design Build LLC, 874 Lakewood Hills Road, Eagan, MN, 651-325-5921
- Design Build LLC
- Minneapolis, MN
- Length of Project
- Four weeks
- $30,000 - $40,000
- Biggest Hurdle
- Accessibility with style for a large, multi-need family
- Favorite Feature
- Soft-close cabinet doors and drawers are very helpful with a house full of children. No more slamming, no more pinched fingers!
- Casual, Braydon Manor
- Perimeter: Coriander cabinet finish with Coffee glaze; Kitchen Island: Jasmine cabinet finish with Twilight glaze
- Hickory Hardware 1.25” Black Nickel Vibed Savoy round cabinet knob
- Single mother of nine adopted children