Diamond Cabinets Launches New Line of Cabinets, Finishes and Organization
Beyond Beautiful: New 2013 Diamond® Cabinets Line Marries Beauty with Function, Strength, Performance
JASPER, Ind. (February 25, 2013) — Diamond® Cabinets, a subsidiary of MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., proves there's more than meets the eye with its new 2013 cabinet styles and finishes that are not only beautiful, but also high on function, strength and performance. Highlights include the new Cloud cabinet finish, an on-trend neutral gray; the Breman cabinet door style featuring clean, simple lines; the simple yet striking Madeline and Cosmo cabinet embellishment collections; and three new Diamond Logix® cabinet organization offerings—including a Wall Pull Down Spice Rack, Base Message Center, and a convenient Cleaning Caddy.
These new offerings come as home trends indicate a non-waning interest in homeowners upgrading existing homes rather than moving, with kitchens and baths as a priority. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), buyers are planning to remain in their homes longer—an average of 13 years—before moving out.1 In addition, kitchen and bathroom projects remain the most popular remodeling jobs, with nearly 50 percent of remodelers seeing an increase in the number of homeowners who undertook remodels to avoid moving.2 Among the factors driving the trends are the desires to protect resale value, make more efficient use of space, and create room additions or repurpose spaces to accommodate multiple generations living under one roof.
"Whether it's upgrading their existing home or renovating a newly purchased one to fit their long-term needs, homeowners are settling in and want quality cabinetry that will look great, provide design flexibility and perform well over the long haul. Our new cabinetry does all of that and more by providing enduring styles and colors, innovative organizational features, and incredible strength built into every cabinet," says Pat Gutgsell, senior director of product and brand, semi-custom.
Beauty that's built to last
The following new cabinetry products enable homeowners to create kitchens and baths that are not only beautiful, but stand the test of time.
Flexible neutral: soft gray Cloud finish
As homeowners stay in place longer, they are passing on bright, bold colors in cabinetry and instead leaning toward neutral colors and clean styles that offer design flexibility. Meeting this trend is Cloud, Diamond's newest opaque cabinet finish in a true soft gray that brings out the best in Maple doors without stealing attention from the rest of the room. The new Cloud cabinet finish is available in a choice of three glazes including Amaretto Crème, for a weathered look; Grey Stone for a nickel or pewter appearance; and Toasted Almond for a faux sand-through façade.
Modern and versatile styling: Breman Door
A staple cabinet door design, the new Breman style celebrates modern beauty and transitional utility. The flat-panel door features a substantial wide rail made available with a veneer center panel. Other cabinet details include a standard slab drawer front that is available with a five-piece drawer front as an upgrade. Breman cabinet doors are available in Maple, Cherry, Alder, Rustic Alder and Oak.
Striking yet simple: Madeline and Cosmo Collection embellishments
Diamond's new cabinet moulding options fall right in line with today’s most tastefully restrained design trends. After revisiting classic cabinet moulding design, Diamond put some fresh thinking to what is often been thought of as an overly fussy genre. Two new collections offer a variety of cabinet leg, corbel, moulding insert and foot designs.
- Madeline Collection – The pieces in the Madeline Collection provide greater design flexibility by transitioning between pure elegance and refined simplicity.
- Cosmo Collection – The refined shapes and strong lines of the Cosmo Collection blend modern sophistication with enduring style.
More organization solutions: Diamond Logix
Diamond expands its selection of Diamond Logix cabinets with three new products that make organization easy, while providing more efficient use of space.
- Wall Pull Down Spice Rack – Spices no longer get lost in the back of cabinets, never to return, with the new Wall Spice Pull Down Rack. No reaching or straining is required, as stored items come down to eye-level from three chrome basket racks inside the cabinets, making them easy to see and reach. The 18-inch wide rack is available in heights starting at 15 inches and is available as a cabinet accessory.
- Base Message Center – Providing a place to unload clutter and organize behind a closed door, the Base Message Center brings order to what is often a messy drop zone area. It provides a handy magazine holder, mail holder, and bulletin board for appointment cards, reminders and the like, and is designed to complement Diamond’s award-winning Wall Message Center at the end of a cabinet run.
- Cleaning Caddy – Solving one of the biggest problem areas of the kitchen, the cleaning caddy brings organization to cleaning products stored in cabinets beneath the kitchen or bathroom sink. It not only conveniently corrals these difficult-to-organize items, but also features a removal wire rack for transporting cleaning supplies to other areas of the home. It is available as a cabinet accessory on the standard Diamond Sink Base, Sink Base with Tilt Downs and Sink Base SuperCabinet™ .
Built to last: strength and performance
Every Diamond cabinet is built for lasting strength. Features such as load-bearing backs, fully captured dovetail drawers, half-inch I-beam braces and quality half-inch thick materials offer consistent durability. The cabinets also offer a variety of super-smart performance features including a hydraulic oil damper for a smooth and soft closing action on drawer glides, integrated hinges for doors and a lifetime limited warranty.
To learn more about the entire 2013 Diamond cabinetry line, visit DiamondCabinets.com, an easy one-stop destination for cabinet inspiration, information and customer service.
About Diamond Cabinets
Diamond Cabinets is a subsidiary of MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., the largest cabinet manufacturer in North America. Diamond Cabinets holds certification from the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association's Environmental Stewardship Program. Other MasterBrand cabinet subsidiaries include Aristokraft®, Decorá®, Dynasty™, Homecrest®, Kemper®, Kitchen Craft®, Omega® and Schrock™. MasterBrand Cabinets is an operating unit of the consumer product company Fortune Brands Home & Security (NYSE:FBHS). For more information or to locate the Diamond showroom nearest you, visit www.diamondcabinets.com.
1 National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Eye on Housing Blog, "Latest Calculations Show Average Buyer to Stay in a Home 13 Years," January 3, 2013
2 National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), "Kitchens and Bathrooms Remain Top Remodeling Jobs According to NAHB Survey," May 7, 2012, www.nahb.org