Working With Your Cabinet Installer
What's the key to a smooth installation?
Preparation. If you've decided to hire a professional installer, start asking friends and colleagues for referrals early in the planning stages. Your kitchen designer may have a short-list of recommended firms to offer as well. In addition to asking for bids, interview each installation firm asking questions like:
- What's the size of their crew?
- How many jobs will they manage simultaneously?
- What's their process for working in an occupied residence?
- Is the contractor insured and properly licensed?
- Will the contractor employ any sub-contractors? If yes, these should be approved by you.
Once an installer is selected, convene a meeting between you, your designer and the installer to be sure that everyone is on the same page with regard to the project scope, dates, timelines and responsibilities.