Preparing for Construction
The essential prep steps for installing cabinets
Preparing for construction is a critical step in the timeline. Dust from demolition and installation is always a concern and we’ve listed some helpful hints to assist you during construction and after installing cabinets, easing the transition back to a fully functioning kitchen and home.
- Seal off the kitchen area doorways with plastic sheeting.
- Close all vents on the same floor as the kitchen during construction days.
- Close as many doors as possible.
- In adjoining rooms, cover furniture with blankets, and bookcases with plastic painter's tarps.
- Take a break – plan time away from the project including dinners out.
- When possible, set-up the construction area in a garage or outside covered area to eliminate the dust and noise of construction in the home's living space.